Thursday, January 8, 2009

And now for something completely different...`09

I somehow seem to have managed to skip through all of December sans post. So I do need to clear out a few cobwebs I guess. December looked like this:
-getting ready for Christmas
-kids getting off school
-computer crashes due to faulty wiring in the wall
-wiring gets fixed, computer saved
-fun Christmas at home
-New Years

This year brings us new president, that should be interesting and already has been to some degree. For me it also brings two new disciplines.

1. Training for triathlons once again. This means exercising AND dieting. The dieting thing has been on for just under a week now, down 5 of the target 45 pounds to lose. I'm hoping the food headaches will all be done by tomorrow or the next day. The exercising challenge is to find time in the day. Looks like it will work out at lunchtime.

2. Reading through the bible in a year. I've made it through before, 2006 and 2007. This year we're doing it as a rather large group of folks. THAT means I'll be posting observations from some of the daily readings here.

Ok, there's the cobwebs cleaned...next post will be on the biblical topics of the daily readings from this week.

No comments: